Friday, October 8, 2010

Best Smelling Rose

I want to send my girlfriend some roses, and recently she told me that the best smelling roses were some kind of silver? rose I believe. I can't remember the exact name, so I was hoping someone could help me in figuring out what is the best smelling rose, and the best kind of roses?
Unfortunately, florist roses are short on scent. Somebody told me that scent was bred out of roses under pressure from the funeral industry because it was too overwhelming to have a lot of scent at funerals (?). The silver ones are actually lavender and often they are the most scented but I'm not sure they are offered by florists. I suggest a blend of red roses and oriental lillies. The lillies are beautifully scented. Something like this 












No comments:

Post a Comment